Ellen's book will strengthen and guide you in your role as caregiver to an elder parent or relative, and help you understand your own physical, emotional, mental & spiritual needs.
Being kind to ourselves
“We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.”
-The Dalai Lama
We had the special privilege of attending teachings with His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Dharamsala, India last fall. What stayed with me from our time with him, was the idea that we must first be kind to ourselves, then we can help others.
This concept of self-care gives me permission to discover what I need to feel joyful and healthy, then from that place of clarity to go out into the world and share my gifts. Hopefully it will help you.
Here are a few questions about self-kindness for you to ponder:
- What will help me begin each day joyfully?
- What small change can I make in my life to enhance my kindness to myself?
- Can I trade off money and material objects in order to purchase time for my heart’s desires?
- What activities make me feel more alive, more engaged in life?
- Can I make changes in my work or other activities to reflect more of who I truly am?
Fall is truly a wonderful time of the year for quiet reflection and to embark on self-growth.
Fall In Person Group Coaching
Living Your Life with Passion
4 week series beginning the evening of Thursday, October 14th:
- Finding our true selves
- What holds us back? Identifying our limiting thinking
- Moving towards our future vision: using turtle steps we’ll get there!
- Our pathway and where we’re going next
You & Your Money, the Beliefs that Limit You
Joining me is Jodi Burke: Advisor, Debt Freedom Canada
2-part evening workshop beginning in November
For more information on these fall workshops, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply
- May 14, 2013An Indian Sojourn Excerpt
- May 3, 2013An Indian Sojourn free Amazon Kindle Days
- April 17, 2013Apani Dhani Eco Resort, Juxtaposition of Old & New, Excerpt from An Indian Sojourn
- April 12, 2013An Indian Sojourn reading plus Tibetan Presentation
- April 4, 2013Press Release: Ellen Besso’s New Book Describes Spiritual Insight Gained by Traveling and Volunteering in India
- April 3, 2013Introduction to Rajasthan, excerpt from An Indian Sojourn
- March 25, 2013Delhi, in all its glory, after rural Himachal Pradesh