Ellen's book will strengthen and guide you in your role as caregiver to an elder parent or relative, and help you understand your own physical, emotional, mental & spiritual needs.
Radical Self-care in our Emerging Society
Almost everyone I meet nowadays says “Something’s happening”. As our world appears to be speeding up, many of us are quite challenged to find a way to live that feels healthy & lowers our stress level. Here are a few tips to help you to slow down & smell the roses!
- Remind yourself that Less is More in terms of activity during this time of change (this applies to our work, personal life & leisure time)
- Spend as much time outside as possible, it’s rejuvenating & supports our transformation
- Drink more water than usual if possible, this supports our changing systems
- Meditate, pray, ask for guidance (whatever suits you & your philosophy) – it works!
- Do something for creative release each day, e.g. singing, art, yoga, dance, walking in nature
- Use grounding techniques to deal with your stress: e.g. walk on the grass barefoot, lie on the grass under a tree (these 2 are from Ayurvedic (Indian) Medicine; Stamp your feet; Imagine roots coming out of the soles of your feet, drop them down to the centre of the earth & anchor them there
- Eat moderate amounts of high quality food
- Balance your intake of alcohol, coffee, sweets, television & on-line activities (the latter may disrupt your nervous system)
- Laugh & have fun
If you feel you’re going through a transformation, you can check out this link: Indigo Children & Adults: Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening - (It’s not just for Indigos).
Check out my second blog Spiritual Journeying, you’ll find some excellent recent guest blogs on it.
Please give us your input, using the comments section. Thanks.