Ellen's book will strengthen and guide you in your role as caregiver to an elder parent or relative, and help you understand your own physical, emotional, mental & spiritual needs.
Daily Coaching Practice: Grounding for Stress Relief in the Fast Lane
Previously I’ve written that things seem to be moving faster for most of us now.
Here are some ideas & tips for balancing yourself, to reduce your stress and to limit the amount of tension you develop in your body-mind. You can cherry pick the ones that work for you:
- Breathe in through your nose slowly & deeply. Hold just as long as it’s comfortable, then exhale slowly for as long as you can. Repeat twice.
- Take 5-15 minutes at the beginning, middle & end of your day to sit quietly, simply watching your breath. Brush random thoughts away with an imaginary broom.
- Be in nature as much as possible. Even a 3 minute stroll will make a difference.
- Lie on the grass under a tree. Kids know this is nurturing & healing & it’s actually an Ayurvedic (Indian) Medicine exercise.
- If you feel overloaded, make a list of your chores/duties. Without monitoring, cross off the ones that either:
- Don’t really need to be done
- Can be done later
- Can be performed by someone else.
- Stretch for 3-5 minutes each day.
- Walk for a few minutes daily.
- Find something funny to laugh at as often as you can.